Common PC problems are those relating to viruses, Trojans, spyware, adware and other types of malware. No PC is immune to viruses and malware, even with the best antivirus protection!
Most viruses these days are in the guise of popups, fake programs and scans designed to get your money and credit card details. Others are more serious and can take over your computer completely. New and potentially devastating viruses can encrypt all of your data on your hard drive and wipe all of your documents if you do not pay a ransom fee – this can also affect any backup drives you have connected at the time. Thankfully there are solutions available that can minimise these risks.
Always seek professional advice when your computer is infected with a virus to ensure that it is fully and correctly removed.
Here Is What To Look Out For:
- Your computer runs much slower than it used to.
- There are popup’s appearing on your screen.
- There are scans running saying you have lots of computer errors.
- Your computer stops responding or frequently crashes.
- You are being redirected to other websites that you didn’t wish to view.
- Websites you view have additional advertising, or text is underlined when it shouldn’t be.
- Toolbars being added into your browser (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome).
- Software appears that you are not familiar with asks you to purchase it.
- Blue screen errors (blue screen of death or BSOD)
If You Think You Have A Virus – Here Is How We Can Help:
- We deal nearly exclusively with Windows machines, so virus removal is our speciality!
- All our technicians are kept up to date with the latest removal methods.
- We have the latest tools, programs and boot utilities to assist us.
- We can manually remove any traces or references to the virus from the registry.
- We can give the computer a health check and optimise it for the optimal performance.
- We can ensure your antivirus program is up to date or provide one if needed.
- We can make sure you have proper backups in place in the case of a disaster.
- We can give you advice on what to look out for to stop the problem returning.
With virus removal, it is always better to act sooner rather than later – so give our office a call on 1300 560 511 and a friendly member of our staff can discuss what we can do to assist you.